North East Regional Update June 2018
The North East region is continuing to put arrangements in place to deliver the RIA common core of activities:
• We are developing a new regional self-evaluation template which will be completed by each local authority in the autumn followed by a ‘Directors’ Challenge’
• To assist the Directors’ Challenge we have established four peer networks, each made up of three local authorities
• We have created a regional process for peer case file audits, which will also be carried out within peer networks
• We are putting new arrangements in place around regional benchmarking data (performance, workforce and financial) which will inform the self-evaluation process
• We are finalising new governance arrangements in discussion with regional chief executives and leaders/elected mayors.
Other activities currently underway in the region include:
• We have reviewed our MoU to cap agency social worker rates which was introduced in September 2017 and are moving into ‘phase 2’ in the summer. This involves reviewing the arrangements for those workers who remained on their original rates when the cap was initially introduced for new assignments
• We took our “Put your heart into social work in the North East” campaign to the Compass North West Social Work Show in Manchester on 21 May
• The Children’s Safeguarding Network is planning a conference for North East social workers in the autumn. The aim of the event is to motivate and inspire our social workers and to provide an opportunity to celebrate and share the best social work practice from within the region
• There has been a lot of inspection activity in the region recently. We will be holding a regional learning event in July to share experiences and learning
• The North East’s first Regional Adoption Agency, Adoption Tees Valley, has now gone live. Preparation continues for two further RAA models in the region
• We are planning a system learning event around children and young people’s emotional health and wellbeing, facilitated by the Staff College.
Latest update from the Greater London region
Update from the Greater London region for the April meeting of the ADCS Council...
Update from standalone meeting of the Standards, Performance & Inspection...
ADCS President, Alison O’Sullivan’s speech to the 2015 National Children...
Update for the June meeting of the ADCS Council of Reference
Alison Michalska’s speech to NCASC 2017, Bournemouth
South East Regional Update for the June meeting of the ADCS Council of Reference
Latest update from the Standards, Performance and Inspection Policy Committee
Update from West Midlands region for ADCS Council of Reference
On Wednesday 14th October 2015, Alison O’Sullivan, President of the...
ADCS President’s opening address National Children and Adult Services...
The South West Regional Update for June meeting of ADCS Council of Reference
Update from the EM region for ADCS Council of Reference
Update from the West Midlands region
Update from the North West region for the April meeting of the ADCS Council of...