South East Region Update - September 2017
We have been continuing the dialogue around unaccompanied asylum seekers with the South East Migration Partnership. This work, which has involved meeting with Home Office and Department for Education representatives, has resulted in a consultation being launched to consider establishing a formal regional rota for the dispersal of unaccompanied asylum-seeking children.
There is currently dialogue taking place with the Ofsted Regional Director to refresh the annual conversation that LAs have with him with the aim of ensuring that the meeting adds value and properly covers the breadth of the DCS role. All LAs across the South East have now received a SIF inspection.
We have continued our engagement with Ofsted through regular meetings with the Regional Director and with one of our Regional Schools Commissioners (RSC). For the first time we have met together with Ofsted and the RSC to explore issues of mutual interest. Part of the discussion has centred on a shared concern about the status and support for a school that has an Academy Order in place but no identified sponsor.
• We are progressing with our project ‘Improving the quality of audit in the field’, working with QA/audit managers
• The first of the SE DCS Peer Challenges has now been evaluated and the second round is being planned. A training day is taking place in November. This programme involves three LAs linking up with a programme of self-assessment, followed by a challenge meeting and then a focussed peer challenge visit
• We have continued with the Data Benchmarking Group and the latest set of quarterly reports have been produced and distributed. New quarterly reports have been developed for adoption, early help and SEND indicators
• Regional Adoption Leadership Board: This continues to meet to maintain an oversight of developments in this area
• The SEND 19 Group has published “Inspection Preparation: Self Evaluation Framework Peer Review Guidance”
• Networks for assistant directors for safeguarding (or equivalent) and education (or equivalent) continue to provide mutual support. The safeguarding group is working on an Efficiencies Project, focussing on identifying and sharing successful initiatives that have reduced costs without loss of quality of care
• Further details are provided on www.seslip.co.uk.
Update from the North West region for the ADCS Council of Reference
Update from North East region for ADCS Council of Reference
Inaugural speech from ADCS President, Alison Michalska
Update from the East Midlands region - November 2017
Update from North West region for ADCS Council of Reference
Update from the West Midlands region for the April meeting of the ADCS...
Update from the Eastern region - November 2017
Update from the South West region for the ADCS Council of Reference
Update from South West region for ADCS Council of Reference
Update from the Eastern Region for the April Meeting of ADCS Council of...
Update from standalone meeting of the Standards, Performance & Inspection...
Update for the June meeting of the ADCS Council of Reference
Update from the Yorkshire & Humber region for the ADCS Council of...
Update from West Midlands region for ADCS Council of Reference
Latest update from the Standards Performance & Inspection Policy Committee