South East Update April 2017
South East Sector Led Improvement Programme
- We have commissioned a new project responding to the Children and Social Work Bill aimed at supporting cooperative approaches to accreditation
- We have commissioned a second new project “Supporting Efficiency Savings” working with LGA colleagues and trying to learn the lessons from other parts of the country in Adults’ and Children’s Services
- We have commissioned a third new project “Improving the quality of audit” working QA managers
- Our SEND19 group has been re-commissioned for a further year with 50/50 financial support from DfE and SESLIP funds
- The first Peer Challenges are going in the field in April, May and June
- Topical Peer Challenge now matured with 40 completed in 9 rounds over 5 years Round 10 is now open
- Data Benchmarking Group: Publicly available reports now available for Annual Social Care Benchmarking Reports 2015-16 (PDF) and 2015-16 (Excel); Children’s Social Care Workforce Benchmarking 2015 (PDF) and 2015 (Excel); SEND Benchmarking 2015 (Excel) and 2015 (PDF). Quarterly updates based on unaudited data are available on a restricted basis to group members. New quarterly reports developed for Adoption and SEND indicators. Early Help indicators in development. Subscriptions available for out-of-region authorities (2 x SW authorities subscribe). Very successful group; highly valued
- Regional Adoption Leadership Board: Regional Board continues to flourish
- Children’s Social Care Workforce: Memorandum of Co-operation (MoC) for Managing the Supply and Demand of Children’s Social Workers phases 1 and 2 now operational
- Leadership Development: this successful programme continues to develop the capacity within teams
- Networks for Assistant Directors for Safeguarding (or equivalent) and Education (or equivalent) continue to provide mutual support
- Subscriptions maintained for 2017-18.
For further details go to www.seslip.co.uk
Latest update from the Greater London region
North East regional update for the April meeting of the ADCS Council of...
Update for the June 2016 meeting of the ADCS Council of Reference
The West Midlands Regional Update for June meeting of the ADCS Council of...
Latest update from the Standards, Performance and Inspection Policy Committee
Update from the South West region - November 2017
Latest update form the North East region
Update from the North West region for the April meeting of the ADCS Council of...
Update for the June 2016 Council of Reference meeting
Update from Eastern region for ADCS Council of Reference
The Yorkshire & Humber Regional Update for the June meeting of the ADCS...
Update from the EM region for ADCS Council of Reference
Update from the South East region for the December meeting of the ADCS Council...
Latest update from the South East region
Update from the South West region for the April meeting of the ADCS Council of...