Directors of Children’s Services Roles and Responsibilities
Statutory Guidance on the Roles and Responsibilities of the Director of Children’s Services and Lead Member for Children’s Services
This statutory guidance is for local authorities in England.
It explains the process for:
- the appointment of the director of children’s services (DCS)
- the designation of the lead member for children’s services (LMCS)
- the legislative basis for the 2 appointments
- roles and responsibilities of the post holders
- government expectations about the role of local authorities in education and children & young people’s services
This guidance replaces the previous versions, issued in 2005 and 2009.
View the guidance (external link to DfE website)
ADCS Annual Conference 2016 Presidential Address
On Thursday 9th July 2015, Alison O’Sullivan, President of the Association of...
In an increasingly autonomous and diverse education and children’s services...