Family Justice Resource Hub
Latest additions (June 2021): training resources, including a suite of presentations, three videos and an audit tool, for use in local areas to support the implementation and use of the best practice guides and other reforms set out in the final report.
This page hosts a series of practical resources, such as templates, tools and practice guidance which will be of interest to anyone working in the family justice system.
Many of these resources have been produced by sub-groups made up of sector representatives involved with the President of the Family Division’s Public Law Working Group and do not belong to ADCS.
This collection of resources is offered as a single point of reference for practitioners working in the family justice system, particularly local authority social workers, court advisors and legal staff.
Relevant reports and background reading
- Final report of the President’s Public Law Working Group (March 2021)
- Final report of the President’s Private Law Working Group (April 2020)
- The Family Justice Board’s recovery and reform priorities for the system (December 2020)
- Recovery report from the Public Law Advisory Group (December 2020)
- Recovery report from the Private Law Advisory Group (December 2020)
UPDATED: Resources from the Public Law Working Group’s final report
- Best practice guidance (BPG) on Special Guardianship Orders and a presentation on the highlights of the SGO guidance to support local implementation and use
- BPG on work with families prior to court and a presentation on the highlights of the pre-proceedings guidance
- BPG on the application and case management and presentations summarising the application guidance and case management guidance
- BPG the use of Section 20 / Section 76 accommodation and a presentation on the highlights of the S20/S76 guidance
- The LA reps on the PLWG’s training and implementation sub-group have drawn up an audit tool for LAs to use to benchmark local services and systems against the recommendations and reforms set out in the PLWG final report, a Microsoft Word version can be found here
- The Judicial College supported the development of three videos about the best practice guides to support local training and development efforts
- Top tips for professionals from the Cafcass Family Justice Young People’s Board (various)
- Family Rights Group Charter
- A parent’s perspective on the standard template for a letter before proceedings
- Social Work Evidence Template (SWET).
Related resources developed by the sector
- Essex County Council’s PLO audit tool
- Pan-Sussex Section 7 Template
- 2013 protocol on disclosure of information in linked criminal and care proceedings