South East Regional Update September 2019
• The Regional Improvement Plan for 2019-20 with detailed annexes was launched at a regional summit on 22 March 2019
• The plan includes a £130,000 contribution from DfE alongside £162,500 subscription income, and an agreement for quarterly data sharing on the 18 nationally agreed data items
• The plan has ten priorities:
Actions that will address practice issues:
1. Collaborate to improve provision for complex LAC
2. Collaborate on increasing in-house foster placements
3. Collaborate on ways to promote educational inclusion with SE19 SEND group
4. Share and develop new models of social care practice that fit the times
5. Develop regional quality assurance capacity
Actions that will develop leadership capacity and staff resources:
6. Build leadership capacity across the region
7. Workforce matters; recruitment and retention; agency
Actions that will underpin the cycle of self-assessment and peer challenge:
8. Data benchmarking
9. Annual self-assessment and triad peer challenge
Action to address the funding gap:
10. Increase political lobbying to address the funding gap
• The plan follows a non-stigmatising approach to improvement: the assumption is that there is excellent practice in all authorities; and that all authorities have improvement needs
• Recently we have:
o Been successful in attracting a DfE grant of £73,350 for our complex LAC project
o Published an independent review of our Triad Peer Challenge events and confirmed dates for the November round of challenges
o Commissioned The Staff College to conduct a needs analysis for leadership development
o Held our first quarterly data sharing meeting with DfE
o Commissioned a review of the Memorandum of Co-operation on agency staff employment, which has recently come under pressure
o Offered support and assistance to the London regional sector-led improvement effort.
For further details go to www.seslip.co.uk or contact the Programme Manager Richard Tyndall 07880-787007 email@example.com
ADCS President, Alison O’Sullivan’s speech to the 2015 National Children...
South West Region Update December 2018
Alison Michalska’s speech to NCASC 2017, Bournemouth
On Wednesday 14th October 2015, Alison O’Sullivan, President of the...
West Midlands Region Update December 2018
ADCS President’s opening address National Children and Adult Services...
Yorkshire & Humber Region Update December 2018
Update of an ongoing example of region’s increasingly integrated and...
Latest update from the Standards Performance & Inspection Policy Committee
ADCS President comments on the benefits of a peer support programme for the...
Latest update from the East Midlands region
Eastern Region Update December 2018
Inaugural speech from ADCS President, Alison Michalska
Eastern regional update September 2019
Latest update from the Greater London region